May 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Lola and the Boy Next Door


After reading Anna and the French Kiss I was hooked to this author. She was directly promoted to my auto-buy list and when I tried to find more books by her I was very disappointed to see that Anna and the French Kiss was all there was, at least until September. I really hate when this happens, you find a great new author and all you want to do is inhale the complete backlist, but it turns out that there is no backlist because is a debut author.

When I read Lola and the Boy Next Door’s synopsis I was very excited. First, it was a companion book to the first one which means that we might get a glimpse into Anna and Etienne’s life, and second, the plot seemed very interesting. Had I discovered Stephanie’s books after this one was published, I might have read it first.

If I were a betting man woman, I would say that if you are reading this WOW the chances are that you have already read Anna and the French Kiss. But it might not be the case, I was kind of late to the party, I just read that book about a month ago, you can read my review here. If you haven’t read it, you should definitely do it, as long as you are into YA books of course, if you only read S&M erotica you might want to skip this one!

In this companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, two teens discover that true love may be closer than they think. For budding costume designer Lola Nolan, the more outrageous, the outfit - more sparkly, more fun, more wild - the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins move back into the house next door.When the family returns and Cricket - a gifted inventor and engineer - steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

Dutton Juvenile. September 29, 2011.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger likes to eat comments, so I suggest copying it before hitting "publish" just in case it doesn't go through the first time. This is a pain, I know, but it's the only solution/prevision I can think of, and it will save you the frustration of losing a comment. Also, thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FTC Disclaimer

The books reviewed here were purchased by us. If the book was provided by the author or publisher for review, it will be noted on the post. We do not get any type of monetary compensation from publishers or authors.